Saturday, September 14, 2013

Quarterly Post: Tips. Reviews, Etc.

I know...I need to update more and I saw it all the time!!

Let see what's going on in the world of ZGR?

I'll be selling in the dealers room at Alamo City Comic Con here in San Antonio, Texas October 25-27 so if you're in the area please come and say hello :D I'll post more info as it gets closer but for now here is the link if you'd like to check out the page. Alamo City Comic Con

I plan to start doing reviews of booths at conventions as well. While at San Japan this past month I ran into another charm maker!! We seem to be few and far between down here :( Her booth was super awesome and full of adorble sweets themed charms, however, the booth was also really unfriendly, not to say that she was unfriendly in any way! Its just the way she had her booth set up. It made it very hard to, not only talk to her but, look at her products :( Her table was set up using gridwall cubes which are amazing, btw, if you have a lot of products and not enough space! (Go vertical! Beat the system!!)

I feel the mistake she made was putting it all at the very front of her table and making an arc/bridge creating a barrier that cut her off from con-goers and potential customers. It made it difficult to not only see her but talk with her and you had to kind of squat down to get to the charms she placed on the table underneath. It was almost like reaching into a cave. I find, from personal experience, that talking to and engaging people is a great way to draw them to your booth or table. Also, the ability for someone handle and look at your products it very important. It establishes an intimate connection with the item, sounds silly I know, and potential customers are more likely to buy from you if they can handle and inspect what they are interested in.

The rest of her set up was good. He charms were Sweet Lolita and Deco themed. She divided charms by groups into colorful bowls like they were treats and hung a few from the arc :D She even had tiny little squishy charms I couldn't resist and had to buy!! I'm a sucker for squishies and scented charms lol.

What else is new?
I opened a Storenvy shop. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It seems more about liking items than actually selling items. Kind of like a pintrest for stores but instead of "pinning" you "envy" items. I like that you can directly link it to your facebook page if you have one for your shops and how it is free :D Free is very attractive. Don't get me wrong, I love Etsy, but their fees are not so great :( It seems kind of glitchy though. The marketplace link doesn't take me to the marketplace lol. Please feel free to check out my shop: ZombiesGoRawr Kawaii Charms The site also lets you create free customizable webpage. Its nothing super fancy but you can make it your own. If you're looking for a shop, or a new shop, I'd say give Storenvy.com a try. Its free to setup and use so there aren't set backs.

So, until next time my little zombies! I'll be letting y'all know how to keep your clay clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment